Thursday, November 17, 2016

Relieved

I didn't realize what a toll the political scene was taking on my mental well-being until I woke up Nov. 8 to a Trump victory.

Now, more than a week later, the sense of relief is still present and strong.

We may still be in grave peril, but at least my gut feeling that the country would repudiate the Democrat policies and vision was validated beyond my wildest imagination.

At first, I was annoyed by the liberals who posted endless screeds cataloging every imagined evil associated with a Trump presidency. I cut them a lot of slack, remembering how crushed I was eight years ago when those same morons elected Obama.

Now, reflecting in the wake of their week-long temper tantrum, I've come to regard them as just pathetic. They imagine they can reverse the will of the electorate, pretending that Hillary won the popular vote, which she did not, and that they can somehow influence a huge change in the electoral college through maverick electors or by abolishing it altogether.

I would pity them if their aims were not so dangerous.

This is what we get for letting progressives run the schools and teach revisionist history to a couple of generations.

No comments: