Saturday, October 08, 2016

Success!!!!


After more than a little trial-and-error, I succeeded this morning in editing this little-known classic Levon Helm album and getting it into iTunes and, from there, into my Amazon.com music library.

Helm's self-titled album was released on vinyl in 1978. A more recent CD version sells on Amazon.com for $38.99.

My vinyl copy came to The Indianapolis News as a review copy. I didn't appreciate it at the time and probably played it once before shelving it for 38 years, so it's in pristine condition and required virtually no cleanup in the editing process. The album features a stellar cast of musicians, starting with producer Donald "Duck" Dunn, Steve Cropper on guitar, Tom "Bones" Malone on trombone and Alan Rubin on trumpet - perhaps better known from the Blue Brothers movie.

The last tricky part was importing the tracks from iTunes to the Amazon Music Player library. Amazon wouldn't accept .wav files, so I had to go back to iTunes and make copies in the AAC format.

Wall, now I know how it's done, so onward!

No comments: