Friday, October 07, 2016

Change of plans


Until this week, I figured I'd be riding up to Potosi, Mo. this morning for the Falling Leaf Rally.

Instead, I'm waiting for the UPS truck and a stylus/cartridge combination for my Numark TTUSB turntable.

I chose to skip the rally because it appears all of my Indianapolis BMW Club friends have gone to Barber Motorsports Vintage Days in Birmingham, Ala.

The stylus/cartridge purchase was made on Wednesday when I discovered I wasn't getting both channels accurately when digitizing my vinyl albums. I pretty much ruled out bad settings in the Audacity software and narrowed it down to the stylus or cartridge. Just to be sure, I'm replacing both of them.

And, of course, the weather is perfect for the rally.

I can only hope that Barber Motorsports Park doesn't decided to make this a permanent second-weekend-in-October event.

No comments: