Saturday, August 15, 2015

Oh, no! A summer cold!

red noseThe cold we caught on the airplane coming home from Las Vegas last week finally pounced on us full blown last night.

Maria and I have been sneezing and wheezing for several days before the virus mounted an all-out attack on my respiratory system last evening heralded by non-stop sneezing and my nose running like a faucet.

I went to bed early after taking a couple of Benadryl allergy caps. They dried up my nose, but left me wired and restless for much of the night.

Memo to self: never take two of those Benadryl caps before bed.

We had planned to host Charlie for dinner tomorrow evening, but decided our colds were a clear and present danger to his compromised immune system.

So we’re drinking plenty of fluids and getting lots of rest in the hope that this will go away soon.

No comments: