Tuesday, February 04, 2014

The sky is falling. Again.

flexibleflyerSchools are closed again today because of a second winter storm, possibly an ice storm, that began about 9:30 a.m.

Maria and I made a dash to Dollar General and the ACE Hardware store just before the sleet began to buy provisions and a half-dozen mousetraps.

The mousetraps are our effort to cure our dogs of kitchen counter surfing.

The idea is to set the traps and place them upside down, so they make a loud and startling snapping noise without actually snapping a pup’s nose.

So far, Jack was the only dog to trip one of them and he didn’t even seem to notice.

At least we’re ready for an onslaught of mice.

Heading for the mousetrap aisle at ACE, I was surprised to find this toboggan and deluxe Flexible Flyer sled. (The price on the sled is $94 and change.)

I still have my old Flexible Flyer sled in the garage, but it needs to be refinished and repainted to be presentable.

I really didn’t expect to see any such winter fun stuff here in Arkansas, since snow is such a rarity in these parts. I’m willing to bet the hardware guys didn’t invest heavily in them.

No comments: