Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dead monitor

The fabulous workhorse 24” Dell flatscreen monitor that I put into service on Dec. 20, 2006, died yesterday.

The screen was dark when I sat down to use my desktop computer yesterday afternoon. I hit the power button repeatedly, checked all of the connections, moved the power cord to another powerstrip, and finally did a manual reboot, all to no avail.

deaddellmonitorI guess seven years of constant service – I leave it on most of the time – is all I can reasonably expect from a piece of computer equipment.

Since I have the netbook and my iPhone, I can limp along for a few days and don’t have to panic and run down to Best Buy and overpay for a quick fix, plus the usurious Arkansas sales tax. Consequently, I have been shopping on Amazon.com for a replacement.

That said, I’m having a hard time finding a replacement with the same added features – memory card reader, sound bar, USB ports – that I liked so much on my old monitor, but I shall persevere. If I order today, I can have it on Tuesday.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

viewsonic27 I just pulled the trigger on this 27” View Sonic monitor from Amazon.com - $249.99 with free delivery. Should be here on Wednesday.

No comments: