Monday, July 09, 2012

In this morning’s mail

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I won the Ebay auction last week for this 9” wide, 3⅛” tall serving bowl. It’s from the Wallace China Westward Ho Pioneer Trails series and was made sometime in the 1940s or ‘50s.

It was shipped via U.S. Mail and the tracking info led me to believe it would be delivered today, but there was nothing in my mailbox – no yellow slip or parcel box key – to indicate it arrived. But when I got home and checked the USPS tracking site, it said there was an unsuccessful attempt to deliver it at 8:40 a.m.

WTF? There was no delivery attempt notice on our front door. So I drove back to the post office and asked soon-to-be retired Postmaster Sandra what was up. Turns out they had it in the back because the box it shipped in was too big to fit into any of their parcel boxes. The problem was that the woman sorting the mail, neglected to put the yellow claim slip in our regular post office box.

Whatever. I have it now and it is massive and magnificent.

No comments: