Saturday, December 24, 2011

Loving the Internet

badkey

The fancy-schmantzy ignition/entry/do-everything key to my Lexus is falling apart.

The case is supposed to fit flush to the key, but as you can see, it’s all whopper-jawed.

My first thought was about what a hassle it’s going to be to drive to the nearest Lexus dealer (Memphis) next week and spend an insane amount of money for a replacement. And, of course, this happens on the Saturday morning of a holiday weekend.

Hoping to learn what it will cost me, I Googled “2004 Lexus RX330 replacement key” and found iKeyless.com where I discovered I can buy just the shell (which is the only thing that’s broken) for a ridiculously reasonable $19.95. Assuming they are working Monday, it will ship then and be in my hands by mid-week.

Dealerships charge $175 for a replacement key.

I love the Internet.

No comments: