Thursday, December 08, 2011

Incompetence at Petco

I had to run in to town this morning for a bag of puppy food for Jack.iams puppy food

I was expecting someone here at the house at noon, so I was determined to waste no time when I left here about 11:05 a.m.

Everything went smoothly until I got into line at Petco with my bag of IAMS. I knew I was in trouble when I noticed the couple at the head of the line were the same people who were there when I entered the store.

The 20-something girl pretending to be a cashier was clearly struggling, but finally completed the transaction. Then, the next person in line had some kind of an issue that completely boggled the cashier. She called for help, so now we had two 20-something girls puzzling over the checkout computer and the line not moving.

The upshot of the thing was that a checkout process that should have taken a couple of minutes dragged out to about 20 minutes.

When they finally opened another checkout line, it was because they had abandoned the original computer and moved the girl genius to the new line. Naturally, she was unable to get the new computer to read the barcode on the $5 coupon I handed her and had to have another girl read the dozen or so digits to her so she could input them.

She offered that she had been fighting that other computer all morning. Looks like she lost.

I made it home about 10 minutes after my friend got there.

No comments: