Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Practice, practice, practice

I’m climbing the learning curve on Corel’s VideoStudio Pro X4 and trying new features. This time I used one of their intro templates and music from the extensive library that came with the software. I pulled the ambient sound down, but not quite enough. It gets a little distracting when I get onto the highway and the wind and engine noise compete with the music.

I shot this yesterday afternoon on my daily run to the postoffice, mostly to try a couple of camera angles. The GoPro video camera has a spectacular wide angle lens that makes it possible to mount it on the front side of the windscreen and still see past both mirrors. The suction cup mount has a phenomenal grip. I clean the mounting surface first to ensure a good seal and then clamp it down. (Even though it’s always been rock solid, I always have a little anxiety about it falling off at speed.)

I’m looking forward to being able to take the camera on the road this summer and shoot videos in more interesting places.

No comments: