Thursday, December 04, 2008

She does very nice work

quilttop

As a Cancerian, I have a hard time parting with my possessions. Not so with my Gemini wife.

Since we've been in Arkansas, she's sewn about five or six quilt tops and/or complete quilts. She has this king-size quilt top up for auction on Ebay this week. You can check it out here. But hurry. The auction closes Thursday (tomorrow) night.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Got this from an Ebay member:

JUST WANTED TO MAKE A COMMENT. YOU SAID YOU WERE "EMPHASIZING" THIS WAS A QUILT TOP...WE ALL KNOW THAT! BUT YOU REALLY HAVE AN EXCEPTIONAL "QUILT TOP" HERE! IT'S A BEAUTY! LOLA

And a few minutes later: HAD TO COME BACK AND ASK YOU A QUESTION...DO YOU HAVE ANY SAMPLER QUILT TOPS THAT ARE QUEEN SIZE HIDDEN AWAY? PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU EMAIL ME WHEN YOU LIST AGAIN! I HADN'T READ YOUR DESCRIPTION WHEN I SENT MY COMMENT, SO I DIDN'T KNOW YOU MADE THE QUILT TOP, BUT I HAVE TO SAY...YOU ARE ONE EXTREMELY TALENTED PERSON! THAT IS THE PRETTIEST QUILT TOP ON EBAY! WHAT WOULD YOU CHARGE SOMEONE TO MAKE THAT SAME QUILT IN A QUEEN SIZE? IT'S JUST GORGEOUS! THANKS, LOLA
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS: XXXXXXXX

4 comments:

endthought said...

Yeah, I like to hang on to stuff too, within reason. I am having trouble sending the Christmas cards I made mostly because I have no time to think or look up addresses, but also because I made them and think they're cute. You'll be getting one if I get around to it :)

endthought said...

yeah, my mom is pretty much awesome!!! that is great news!

Lauri Shillings said...

That is a very nice quilt top. Sideline business? Can She teach you how to sew John?

The Oracle said...

While I could never hope to be as good as Maria with a sewing machine, I must point out that I was using a Sears machine to make a backpacking tent, a couple of 60/40 mountain parkas and other camping gear back in 1973 when Maria was only 10 years old.
That said, I think my sewing days are behind me. I'm better suited to marketing what she creates.