Thursday, December 25, 2008

Now I gotta go to Missouri

We stopped at an I-55 gas station south of Sikeston on Monday afternoon to use the restroom.

I felt kinda guilty powerballabout not buying any gas, so I tossed a couple of dollar bills at the girl behind the counter and bought two chances on Powerball. I consider the lottery to be the tax on the stupid, but this was mostly a social gesture.

I remembered the purchase a few minutes ago and went to the Missouri Lottery website to make sure it was okay to pitch my ticket. Turns out I won $7.

So if I drive over to Mr. T's - the 24/7 liquor store just across the state line near Cardwell, Mo., I can cash it in and buy some Christmas cheer.

And, no, there is no lottery in Arkansas. Yet. The voters approved a ballot initiative last month as a first step to having the Legislature consider a lottery to benefit education in the state.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Crap! I misread the Missouri Lottery website. Those numbers would have won me $7 in the July 30 drawing. They're worthless for the Dec. 24 drawing.

No comments: