Monday, December 15, 2008

Just a little liquor store in Colorado

Friend Lauri blogged over the weekend about discovering a bakery in Pendleton, Ind., named Stud Muffins.

That jogged my memory about another business with a somewhat edgy name that I noticed a few years ago in Colorado.

I'd been to the west coast and was heading to Alma, Colo. to visit my BMW riding friends Tim and Linda when I happened to glance to my left along I-70 near Avon, Colo. - just west of Vail.

I couldn't be sure at 70+ mph - I think it was raining at the time - but I thought I saw a sign for a liquor store called Beaver Liquors.

After reading Lauri's blog post about Stud Muffins, I did an Internet search and confirmed my observation. There really is a Beaver Liquors at 110 E. Beaver Creek Blvd. in Avon, Colo.

And, naturally, they have a huge assortment of t-shirts and caps. This is one of the more conservative designs.beaver01

I also discovered that owner Rick Cuny would like to see a Beaver Liquor store in your town. Here's his franchise pitch:

A Beaver Liquor Franchise is a fun and exciting opportunity for you to make additional profits from the sale of Beaver Liquor merchandise at your existing or new liquor store.
All you have to do is file a dba (doing business as) and change the name of your liquor store to Beaver Liquors, Anytown, USA.
I will provide you with all of the point-of-sale and merchandise with your city name dropped on it. You will be able to mark it up 100% and enjoy the profits and the free advertising.
The entire in-store display and point-of-sale package takes up 100 square feet. You remain the sole proprietor of your store. Our agreement will make me responsible to supply you with merchandise at a guaranteed price.
This concept has already been proven. Beaver Liquors, Avon, Colorado has been enjoying the success of it for over 20 years. Please
contact me for further information regarding Beaver Liquors franchise opportunities.

You can check out the merchandise at their website: www.beaverliquors.com.

There's another Beaver Liquors in East Dubuque, Iowa, and a Beaver Cleaners dry cleaning business (on Beaver Ave.) in Des Moines. And don't forget Beaver Liquor Agency, Beaver Cleaners & Laundromat, Beaver Sanitation, and The Beaver Press in Beaver, Utah and Beaver Cleaners in North York, Ontario.

This is all starting to feel so junior high school.

1 comment:

Michael May said...

I have been to Beaver Liquor on a Ride from LA to Denver. Stopped off for a six pack of ice Cold Coors, then rode up to the top of Vail pass for a rest stop. It wasn't much of a liquor store. Bev Mo is much nicer.