Thursday, May 24, 2007

Listening to Sean's work at Applebee's

I don't care much for Applebee's, but it's pretty much the only game in town when Maria and I go to lunch while she's working.
The menu is unimaginative, the food is overpriced and the ambience is faux eclectic. The only thing missing is the wait staff being festooned with bushels of "flair."
But today's experience was different.
I was lunching with Maria and Lauri when I noticed the PA playing "Phantom Limb" from the new Shins album, Wincing the Night Away. It's the first time that I know of that I've heard music my son Sean worked on being played in a restaurant or other such public place and it was very cool. I suppressed an impulse to tell the hostess why that particular piece of music is significant to me because I figured it would have been wasted on her.

No comments: