Friday, May 25, 2007

Hope springs eternal

I finally caught up with George this afternoon.
The new plan for our garage project calls for the demolition guys to appear early Tuesday (Monday being a holiday) and remove the remainder of the bad concrete in time for the new slab forms to be built, with 3.5' footers, and inspected in time for the new slab to be poured in the afternoon.
Considering that he completely blew out his schedule for this week, this seems like an impossibly tight schedule and I'm embarrassed to call the building inspector and ask him to be there around midday.
He also pledged to get the hot tub on the deck and hooked up.
I'll believe it when I see it.
Turns out the cell phone number he gave us last week is his mom's. I called it this afternoon and she answered. So now I know how to contact his mother if he doesn't do right.

No comments: