Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not my problem

I'm vastly relieved to discover that my recent difficulties in uploading photos to my blog is due to a Blogger.com issue and not a problem with my beta version of the new Internet Exploder.
It appears I can still do uploads from my cell phone. The only way I seem to be able to add a picture from my PC is to go through the regular upload process, but now the HTML doesn't appear in my post composition box.
The image actually went to the Blogger.com server, but the HTML didn't get created.
So I go to an older, successful photo post, copy the HTML and paste it into the new blog entry, changing the image name to correspond with the picture I just uploaded.
Then, when I click "Preview," I usually see the desired image in place.
This is, of course, a major timewasting hassle and I sincerely hope Blogger.com gets it sorted out pronto.
Before I discovered this is a problem many other users are having and that is under review by the Blogger.com geeks, I learned that I have 300mb of server space for my images, but apparently no way to check my usage level and see how much space remains.
Blogger.com is obviously a work in progress.

No comments: