Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday morning report

jmfpaneraaug15Maria is in college orientation this morning, so I seized the opportunity to ride in to Jonesboro for coffee and a cheese Danish at Panera – the first such outing in several weeks.
Two hours on the aging trickle charger failed to restore the mower battery to usefulness, so I jump started it from the Subaru and mowed the entire 1.23 acres after dinner last evening. I figured that much mowing should have recharged the battery, but when I tried to restart it nothing happened.
So I pushed it back into the garage and hooked up the more sophisticated BMW charger. When I looked at the charger this morning, it was showing a green light, which supposedly means the battery is fully charged and ready to go. I didn’t test it. I’ll just leave the charger on the battery until the next time I need to mow.
I’m very close to blogging about Maria’s departure from The Sun. I’m feeling less and less vindictive about it. For now, I’ll just say that Maria is blessed to be out of that poisonous atmosphere. She looks five years younger and more fit and she’s on a path to greater happiness.
Now I’m going home to scoop up the trash and dog poop on the back porch – Dora thinks it’s her foul weather toilet – and pressure wash the concrete floor.

No comments: