Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hair

needahaircut

I got a free birthday haircut from Sports Clips early last month and there was apparently a miscommunication between me and the young lady who did the work.

I was preparing to spend about three weeks on the road with my head inside a motorcycle helmet much of the time, so I asked her to leave me just enough hair to part. She must not have taken me seriously because she left way too much in the front. So much that I had to fight hair in my eyes every time I pulled on my helmet. And every time the wind blew when my helmet was off.

And since hair continues to grow, it only got worse, to the point where it has become downright maddening. It was particularly vexing this morning as I drove in to town with the top off of my Honda del Sol, seeing that it’s a delightful 80 sunny, breezy degrees here in Jonesboro. My hair is very thin with little body, so it won’t stay put unless I immobilize it with spray or gel or some other kind of goop, which I am loathe to do.

So a serious haircut is at the top of my to-do list today.

(And, no, my right eye didn’t miraculously turn blue. That’s the reflection of my netbook screen in my reading glasses.)

No comments: