Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The old riding pants will have to last another season

oldpants This was supposed to be the first of a two-photo comparison of my old BMW Summer Pants and the new Summer Pants2 that awaited me at Grass Roots BMW in Cape Girardeau, Mo.

But despite the fact that they ordered three different sizes (S, M, and L), I was out of luck because the Large was too small. And the legs were way too long. An XL, had they ordered one, would have been just as bad because they only come in one inseam length. I have a 28” inseam, which means there is no way I could wear any size of the Summer Pants2.

So there was no second photo and we gave up on riding pants for the time being.

As it turned out, I rode about 300 miles today for two bolts – a painted replacement for the silver bolt I got at the former Wichita, Kans. BMW shop to replace the one that I’d lost from my saddlebag mount – and a spare. While I was there, I ordered a new starter relay for Maria’s K75S, but that was something I could have done over the phone.

What the hell, it was a nice day and I squeezed another 300 miles out of my nearly bald tires.

And I got home in time to ship a couple of books I sold on Amazon.com before the post office closed for the day.

No comments: