Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Did I mention I hate being a landlord?

There was no rent check in our mailbox this morning and I am not a happy camper.

The rent is due on the first of the month. If it arrives after the 5th, there is a penalty payment due. Maria called the tenant on the 6th and was told that he would “overnight” it on Monday. I find his choice of terms disturbing because I told him some time ago that the U.S. Postal Service does not provide next-day delivery service either from Thorntown or to Brookland. So if he did dispatch it on Monday, it should be in our P.O. box tomorrow. That’s cutting it kind of thin, considering that we’re into the penalty zone on our house payment if it isn’t received by the 16th.

I have the mortgage payment envelope in my pocket and am debating whether to put it into the mail today or tomorrow.

No comments: