Saturday, May 29, 2010

Boots

boots

Maria often speaks wistfully of the red cowboy boots she had when she was a little girl.

So this morning, after breakfast and after watching the Sierra Vista Fire Department put out a car fire next to Denny’s, I took her to the Spur Western Wear shop where I bought my cowboy hat on Wednesday.

Her eyes went directly to this pair. As fate would have it, they are her size. I figured it was destiny, so I insisted she let me buy them for her.

Here’s the car fire scene.

carfire

Austin and Jen have arrived in Denver, about the same time Maria’s brother Kerstan reached his layover spot in Dallas. They’ve been conferring and it appears they may arrive in Tucson around the same time. That would be particularly fortuitous because Kerstan plans to rent a car and he could bring Austin and Jen to Sierra Vista, therefore eliminating the need for someone (most likely me) to drive up to Tucson and pick them up and consequently missing the rehearsal, which takes place in two hours.

1 comment: