Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yesterday's effort

Here's some of what I shot yesterday:floristThursday is Valentine's Day, you know.

Last evening James Byard (the new guy whose presence will make it possible for me to return to retirement) and I shot a ninth-grade basektball game between the two junior high schools that feed into the local high school. It's apparently a big rivalry, which makes it worthy of coverage at a level we don't normally pay attention to. jamaldunks

Here's MacArthur Junior High ninth-grader Jamal Jones going up for a dunk during the first quarter of play. Who knew freshmen could dunk? This was the dominant photo on the sports section cover this morning.

the stealHere's one I just noticed this morning. The kid in black is being stripped of the ball. I love the intensity on the faces.

No comments: