Thursday, July 20, 2006

In a NYSOM


I'm in a New York state of mind this morning and have just a few minutes for a quick entry before I have to roll out of an overpriced Microtel Inn.
I pulled in to a service area on the New York Thruway (I-90) about 30 miles south of Buffalo yesterday afternoon and noticed three BMWs in the parking lot. As I approached, I was startled to see Indianapolis BMW Club friends Webb & Cindy and Webb's brother Dave.
We rode together the rest of the day and finally went to ground in Seneca Falls. It was a 661-mile day for me - nothing spectacular, but the longest ride I've done this year.
They fancy a backroad route in to Burlington that will likely take all day and I'm keen to get to the rally and find a campsite in plenty of time for tonight's predicted rain.
I transmitted several photos from the road yesterday and none of them got posted to the blog. Damned Blogger.com!
Ok, I'm outta here.

--
Sent from my Treo

No comments: