Tuesday, May 28, 2019

O, frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!


If you've followed this blog very long, you know that I'm kinda crazy about Bang & Olufsen audio products, especially when they're offered to me for review by the Amazon Vine Program.

I got my first set of B&O headphones - the H8 on-ear model - in February, 2015 and was instantly overwhelmed by their clarity, imaging and comfort. Then, in late 2017, just in time for Christmas, they sent me the H9 over-the-ear model, which was every bit as impressive as the H8.

Over the years, I've received and reviewed the wired H6 and Form 2i headphones, and the Beosound 2, Beoplay P6, P2, and S3 speakers.

When Bang & Olufsen introduced the improved H8i and H9i headphones, I was disappointed that they didn't offer either of them to me. I wondered if I was no longer a desirable Bang & Olufsen reviewer.

I shouldn't have worried.

I was overjoyed about 2 a.m. one night recently to find an offer for the H9 Third Generation headphones when I scanned my Vine offering list. I jumped on it and they arrived this morning.

They are every bit as impressive as their predecessors. They also have a button on the left earpiece that summons Siri on my iPhone and lets me give voice commands, like "where is the Orinoco River?" and "what is the weather forecast?" I didn't think I would use that feature, and then I started having a text message conversation with my wife and quickly became a believer.

O, frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

No comments: