Friday, May 31, 2019

4mm! Really!


I requested some new reading glasses from the Amazon Vine Program and they arrived this morning.

I was not prepared for how amazingly compact they are. The ThinOptics Brooklyn Computer Glasses + Milano Anodized Aluminum, Magnetic case are officially now my go-to reading glasses.

The lenses are polycarbonate with a light yellow tint to block harmful blue light radiation from computer monitors and cell phone screens. Mine are a +2.0 magnification, just like the readers I bought at the Walmart in Gillette, Wyo. in July, 2008 when I rode to the BMW MOA National Rally without packing my prescription reading glasses. Those Walmart readers have stood up to daily use for 11 years and are still like new. But they are big enough that they need a clunky hard shell case that makes an inconvenient lump in the front pocket of my pants or in a jacket pocket.

So here's why I love the ThinOptics readers - the anodized aluminum case is ONLY 4mm THICK! Really! And the case has a very strong magnetic base so I can park it on any ferrous metal surface.

They cost about $70, but the difference is well worth the investment.

No comments: