Thursday, June 07, 2018

Lacking life skills

I managed to coax one more mowing from our John Deere LA 125 yesterday morning after putting the failing battery on a charger for a couple of hours.
Then I bought a replacement battery online and rode up to Batteries Plus in Lafayette to pick it up.
I found myself in line behind a 50-ish businessman wearing an expensive dress shirt with French cuffs and gold cufflinks. He looked like an executive type, but the image collapsed when I saw why he was there.
He'd brought in his First Alert smoke detector because he couldn't figure out how to replace the battery.
Really? It's the same model we had in Arkansas and it's a breeze to replace the 9-volt battery. Even standing on a ladder with the unit on the ceiling.
The counterman managed to keep a straight face throughout the transaction.
I wonder what else he has other people do for him.

No comments: