Monday, June 04, 2018

Bike report


The folks at AMA Road Service determined that my BMW dealer, Falcone Powersports, provides free pickup and delivery, so I had them collect my K1200GT Thursday morning.

I called Saturday morning and got good news and, of course, bad news.

The good news is that my battery was replaced under warranty.

The bad news is that my fork seals are shot and will cost $450 to replace. I told them to proceed. The other bad news is that my tires are down to the wear bars. The good news on the tire front is that I have a partially used set of tires for that bike that still have plenty of miles left. They came off the bike in July, 2015 and have been in storage ever since. When I get the GT back, I'll take it to my almost-next-door Gold Wing shop and have the old tires mounted.

Here's a photo of the Falcone trailer hauling my bike to Indy.

No comments: