Thursday, April 26, 2018

Back in the saddle again


There's nothing like a break in the weather to get me moving on outdoor projects.

Today I petitioned St. Anthony to help me find the Arkansas titles to my two bikes. After going through a couple of file boxes and all 27 drawers of the steel cabinet I inherited from my dad, I dug deep on my desk and found a yellow folder labeled "Vehicle Titles" and there they were.

So after lunch I rolled my 2003 BMW K1200GT out of the shed, aired up the tires, put on the saddlebags and the Garmin Zumo 550 GPS, topped off the fuel tank at the Marathon down the street, and rode down to Lebanon and the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. I walked out about a half-hour later with a temporary paper plate and title. The Arkansas plate will remain on the bike until May 1 or the arrival of a metal plate, whichever comes first.

Weather permitting, I'll take the K75S in for title and plate tomorrow.

I pretty much lost my 2017 riding season because of our move back from Arkansas and having the bikes in storage much of the year. I have higher hopes for 2018.

No comments: