Monday, December 11, 2017

Cataract surgery


I'm scheduled for cataract surgery on my left eye at 6:50 a..m. tomorrow.

The right eye goes under the laser on Dec. 22.

The work is being done by Dr. Michael Behforouz, who I consider the best in Indiana - maybe in the country. He saved my right eye from a pernicious bacterial infection about 12 years ago and I purposely put off the surgery until we got back to Indiana because I don't trust anyone else.

I was heartened last week when our new primary care physician said he interned with Dr. Behforouz and that Dr. B performed lasik surgery on him with great results.

I'm also grateful that Medicare covers the complete process, at no expense to me. (It would cost more if I had opted for one of the fancier lens jobs, but the standard focus-to-infinity lens arrangement works best for the way I live.) It nice to know that some of those thousands of dollars of lifetime payroll Medicare deductions are coming back to me.

No comments: