Thursday, August 25, 2016

I'd give them SIX stars if I could


Here's my Amazon.com review of the Bang & Olufsen H6 (Second generation) headphones:


Bang & Olufsen's H6 (Second generation) headphones are the best I've ever heard. I thought the B&O wireless H8 headphones were impressive, but this second version of the H6 left me absolutely stunned.

I've listened to a huge variety of music for most of the past week, trying to find the words to explain how they are so much better than everything else I've heard and, after hours of transcendent listening, it comes down to brilliance and clarity. I can hear individual instruments and nuances with greater clarity than ever before and it makes my entire music library a completely new listening experience.

(One of my requirements of a good set of headphones is that they be able to show me things in my music that I never knew were there. The H6s make every song a new discovery.)

Marco Ament, a blogger who has compared more than 30 sets of headphones, is in love with his Second Generation H6s and ranks them as the absolute best of all the headphones he's reviewed. You can read his thoughts at marco.org.

The H6 'phones have a near perfect balance across the acoustic spectrum, from rich bass through brilliant mid-range to sparkling highs.

I'm not crazy about being tethered to my music source with a cable, but that inconvenience is a small price to pay for such amazing performance.

I'd give the H6s six stars if I could.

No comments: