Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time for a new motovideo

After a week of being held hostage by story sources who lacked the courtesy to return my calls promptly, I seized the chance to get out and do what I wanted to do yesterday.

That included trying a new camera angle for a motovideo. All of my previous videos on the bikes were shot with the camera mounted atop my helmet. The results were okay, but since I tilt my head to keep my eyes level with the horizon in the turns, they didn’t give a true sense of the lean angles. You can only get that by attaching the camera to the bike.

So I removed the tank bag from my K1200GT and used the industrial-strength suction cup mount to secure the camera in a position that showed the instrument cluster as well as the road. I wasn’t sure I could get the windscreen clean enough for a clear view and I also worried that the curvature of the plexiglass would distort the view. I needn’t have worried.

Here’s about 10 minutes of a romp up Ark. 351 and west on Ark. 358.

No comments: