Friday, November 07, 2008

The treadmill report

I've done at least a mile on the new treadmill every day this week302_hamster_running_wheel_hg_clr, adding a bit of speed and/or incline every day to make it increasingly challenging.

I'm also using my Suunto Advizor watch with heart rate sensor to record how much time I spend in my heart rate target zone.

There are lots of aerobic target zone calculators online. I finally settled on one between 94 and 141 beats/minute. That's not overly ambitious, because I am an overweight 63-year-old couch potato.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon with an average of 124 bpm (a low of 85 and a high of 140) and 29:46 in the Zone, followed by about 5 minutes of cool down.

Maria has done a couple of workouts on it so far and likes the way it makes her feel.

Like anything else, if you do the work you get the results, so I'm doing my best to make this a daily routine.

No comments: