Friday, December 07, 2007

Shins win Grammy nomination!!!

Wincing_the_Night_Away 


Wincing the Night Away,
the Shins album my son Sean helped engineer, is nominated for Best Alternative Music Album in the 50th Annual Grammy Awards.

Producer Joe Chiccarelli, with whom Sean worked on the album, is also up for Producer of the Year on the strength of the Shins album and three others.

The Grammy Awards will be presented on Feb. 10, 2008.

seanshinsc

Marty Crandall, Joe Chiccarelli, James Mercer, and Sean Flora in the studio.

1 comment:

Dan Workman said...

Hey there, Oracle. I found your profile because of your reference to the BMW K75S. My dad rode one of those on some epic rides.

I ride an old school R60/7. Did a neat 155 miles on it this morning.

On another note, I am an audio engineer/producer just like your son. Congratulations are in order for his work for the Shins.

Finally, although I live in Texas, my family is from Arkansas (NLR, Malvern, Pine Bluff, Conway). Arkansas is one of my favorite places in the world.