Thursday, December 20, 2007

Carpet at last. Or not.

In case I needed reminding that home improvement is rarely easy, we got our "bonus room" carpet installed today.

But there are three or four dark spots on it.

The installer said he had treated the spots and they looked dark when I went up to inspect the job this evening because the carpet is still wet in those places.

He opined that the treated areas will dry clear.

I declined to sign off on the job - I'll be damned if I'll sign off on a $1,682 carpet job that isn't perfect. I told him I'll let it dry overnight and if the spots are gone tomorrow, I'll go down to Lowe's and sign off on the work.

Of course, this means we can't move any furniture or equipment into that room tonight or until we're satisfied we won't have to have it ripped out and replaced.

Fuck.

No comments: