Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Traction

When it comes to getting things accomplished, I've felt like I was spinning my wheels lately.
But today I got some traction.
I finished a wedding album I've been sweating over for a couple of months. Yeah, I know. I'm going to have to get faster and more efficient if I'm going to keep up when business picks up. This one is really deluxe, with lots of cool graphic design elements and has 243 photos on 100 pages. I'm confident it will blow their socks off and that both sets of parents will absolutely have to have a copy. The $1,300 wedding photo package included one album. Additional albums are $300 each, so there is probably a bit more money to be had from this gig.
Anyhow, I finalized the work - we use MyPublisher.com - and transmitted the album.
My other imperative to-do item today was to collect all of the returnable components of our DISH satellite TV setup, pack them in the box the DISH sent us over the weekend, and send them home to Georgia. Besides the remotes and the tuner box, they wanted the sensor gizmo that uses the dish to collect the satellite signal. That involved dragging a ladder out of the garage and removing three screws from the dish that's mounted about 15 feet up the side of the house.
It's their policy to leave the dish attached to the house, presumably as advertising and an enticement for the next occupants of the house to sign up with their service.
I think it'll be better advertisement sitting at the curb waiting for the trash collectors. I fact, I may yank it back just before they get here, so I can put it out on several successive Fridays to make sure as many passersby see it as possible.
Why do I dislike DISH? I'll spare you the trouble of searching for the previous post that addressed this issue and just say my rate was about to go up and I was tired of losing the signal everytime it storms - rain or snow. That's precisely when I want to be able to check with Indianapolis TV stations on weather conditions.
So it's back to basic cable.

No comments: