Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Firefox, you're fired.

After reading a lot of good stuff about Mozilla's Firefox browser, including claims that it's much less vulnerable to adware and spyware than is Internet Explorer, I gave it a spin.
I downloaded and installed the beta version on my Sony VAIO notebook and the standard version on my desktop. Neither one displayed my blog correctly and the standard version disabled my IE for looking at my computer's directories and files.
Needless to say, this was unacceptable, so both are gone and I'm back to IE.
Since we now have a website for our wedding and portrait photography business, I want to be able to view it the way most prospective customers see it and that means using IE. (Stats from my web host indicate more than 95 percent of the hits come from people using Internet Explorer.)

1 comment:

M. Sheldon said...

If you liked the other features of firefox...there is a way that you can change the screen resolution of individual pages...don't remember how, though;) Otherwise...If you like IE, keep it. You could also try Opera. I don't like it as much as firefox, but it does beat IE.