Monday, July 25, 2005

Nigerian scam

I must get a dozen or more spam e-mails a week from dirtbags trying to perpetrate the Nigerian scam on me, or some variation of it involving China or another country.
In the past, the sender has pretended to be a government or bank official or even a missionary, but today's collection of spam included one from exiled dictator Charles Taylor himself:
From: Charles Taylor
234-8035820885.

I NEED YOUR CONFIDENTIAL/HONEST ASSISTANCE.
I am CHARLES TAYLOR, As you may be aware that I have
been granted asylum by President Olusegun Obasanjo
(GCFR) and we are presently living in the Government
House,calabar,Where I am granted refuge by President
Olusegun Obasanjo.And be informed that I am not
granted movement. And all by foreign accounts and
properties were confiscated and seized by the present
Liberian Government. Please I have what I will call my
family last hope money of $ 12,000,000M (TWELVE
MILLION US DOLLARS)which I deposited with the Nigeria
Deposit Insurance Company(NDIC) .I deposited this fund
in a one trunk box as personal savings.And the
deposits Insurance Company do not know the content of
this box as money. I hereby ask you to apply for the
delivery of this to your contact address, if you will
promise/guarantee me that you will never divert the
content of this box(funds)after delivery to you. And
that you shall invest this money for our mutual
benefits. There is no risk involve in this
transaction, hence this deposit Insurance Company
delivers consignments directly to door-steps upon
application.Finally, as you are replying this message,
make sure
you reconfirm your telephone and fax number, and your
E-mail if available. And please you ensure you keep
this transaction top secret for security reasons. Be
rest assured that I shall forward to you all the
relevant documents given to me by the Nigeria Deposit
Insurance Company (NDIC).Again, you should apply for
the delivery of this box directly to your doorstep by
the deposit insurance company on:Contact company:
Nigeria Deposit Insurance Company
(NDIC).
Contact Email:nigdic_deliverydept@yahoo.com
Regards and God bless you and your family.
Charles Taylor.


Sure Chuck, I'll get right on that.

No comments: