Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Road Worrier

I'm sitting here, gazing out my home office window at sunshine.
Sunshine.
I got up at 5 a.m. to check the weather and found rain and thunderstorms - some severe - arrayed neatly along almost all of the portion of I-70 I had planned to ride today. In particular, Topeka (my destination for this evening) and Kansas City were getting hammered. Big time. One of my Topeka friends responded to my e-mail that I was postponing my departure by 24 hours with: "I think it was a wise decision. They said 6-8" limbs down from the heavy winds."
I've been waiting all morning for the rain to start here, but all we have is sunshine.
I just checked the weather radar (12:50 p.m.) and find that this morning's evil weather has pretty much evaporated.
Frustrating? Yes.
Do I think I made the right decision? Yes.
Do I think the storms will fire up again later today? Yes.
The forecast for I-70 tomorrow is sunny skies and moderate temperatures, which beats the hell out of starting a vacation with a long day in the rain.

No comments: