Friday, August 22, 2014

Just so I can say I posted something…

The blazing summer heat we hoped we avoided is upon us here in northeast Arkansas.

The 3 p.m. temperature is 95 with a heat index of 108 and the forecast is for hotter weather over the weekend.

So I am hunkered down in the air conditioning with no plans to go anywhere for the rest of the afternoon.

I got out early to ride down to the electric utility office to pay our bill, which was due today. I would have mailed the check earlier, but I spaced it.

After dropping off the payment, I cruised by Panera for a cheese Danish and cup of coffee, but couldn’t think of anything interesting for a blog entry.

I still can’t, but people stop reading you if you don’t post new content every day or so.

As we were drifting off to sleep last night, I got a call from my son Sean. I knew it was him because of the ringtone I’ve assigned to his number. (If you have an iPhone, you’ll recognize it as the one named “Robot.”)

He was at a restaurant and realized he didn’t have his bank debit card with him and wondered it I could shoot him some money by PayPal so he could buy dinner with his PayPal credit card.

No problem. I went up to the office, signed into my PayPal account and threw $50 into his account.

Our lawn needs mowing – one particular variety of grass in the front yard has reached about 12” in scattered spots and is going to seed – but there is NFW I’m going to mow in this weather. Maybe tomorrow morning if the dew evaporates before the temperature rises into the 90s.

seanswingsetHere’s a photo of Sean I scanned yesterday. It was the summer of 1970 – a few months before his brother Steve was born – and we lived in half of a double at 4829 N. College Ave. in Indianapolis.

No comments: