Monday, April 13, 2009

License plate non-drama

It's time to renew our Arkansas license plates.

I tried to do it online the other day, but discovered that I can't because they need proof of our 2007 personal property tax payment, which doesn't exist because we moved here late in '07 and don't owe it.

Sooooo, I get to go to the Revenue Office in Jonesboro (no DMV or BMV in Arkansas) and have them call the county tax collector to confirm that we don't owe any '07 personal property tax, so I can keep our two cars and two motorcycles street legal.

This should be fun. With any luck, I'll be home by dark.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Well, I misjudged that task.

I spent a grand total of 15 minutes in the State Revenue Office, largely because I came prepared with my insurance cards for each vehicle and the odometer readings for each. The total cost of renewing the registration for two cars and two bike: $66.50.

One more thing to like about Arkansas.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Nicky's registration renwal in Nevada was $535! (but there are no state taxes)

The Oracle said...

Yikes!!!
It would have been about $250 or more for us in Indiana.