Monday, April 06, 2009

Grandparenting

johnlisakitchen Steve and Lisa have gone home to Las Vegas and we miss them already.

This was their first trip to Arkansas, so now it’s time for us to return the favor and visit them in their new home in the West.

Considering that Lisa is only 4 years and 10 months old, she has an astonishing amount of emotional maturity and poise. She has that rare ability to step outside of herself in emotional situations and recover her equilibrium. I’ve been blessed with it, so has Steve and, happily, so has Maria.

The top photo was shot Saturday morning as I worked on the laptop in the kitchen and Lisa came in to greet me.

The bottom photo was shot Friday afternoon at the big public park on the south side of Jonesboro where we exchanged high-fives after Lisa scaled the big climbing rock in the lakeside playground.

I think I like this grandparent thing.hi5

No comments: