Thursday, June 04, 2020

Out of the past


It's been 2½ years since we moved back to Indiana from Arkansas, but we still have a lot of stuff still in moving boxes.

I've been unpacking a few at a time as I figure out where to put the contents and discovered my 3rd generation iPod Touch. It has 60 GB of memory and held my entire music collection when I set it aside in favor of my first iPhone - the iPhone 5 - which had a similar capacity. It's been idle since March, 2013. Happily, I still have a pre-Lightning charging cable, so I plugged it in and recharged the battery with little expectations that it still worked.

Damned if it didn't come to life after more than seven years in drawers and boxes!

I've tried a couple of times to resuscitate my first iPod, a 5th generation iPod Classic that Maria and my sons gave me for my birthday in July, 2006, but it doesn't seem to want to wake up.

No comments: