Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I'm not really surprised by any of this


I had a 9 a.m. appointment today with the Indianapolis BMW motorcycle dealer to get my faulty battery replaced under warranty.

There's been rain in the forecast for several days as the remnants of a tropical disturbance make their way toward Indiana, so I was sweating having to ride the bike down to Indianapolis in rain.

But when I tried to start the bike, which had been on a battery tender for five or six days, the battery was dead.

So I called American Motorcyclist Association road service and ordered a wrecker. I used them last September for an identical problem and they sent a driver who thought he was picking up a BMW car and lacked the appropriate motorcycle dolly, which necessitated dispatching another wrecker the next day. (See photo above.)

So, true to form, when the wrecker showed up in my driveway a few minutes ago, he didn't have a dolly either. The towing company is now searching for a truck with a dolly as the rain inches closer and closer...

No comments: