Friday, January 06, 2017

Merry Christmas to me

Maria and I are doing our best to save money these days, even to the point of not exchanging Christmas gifts.

We saw to it that our children and grandchildren were taken care of, but austerity prevailed at this Flora house.

But God must have thought one of my wishes should be granted, so he caused Amazon.com to offer me a set of the new Bang & Olufsen H9 wireless headphones on Christmas Day.

Bang & Olufsen announced the latest headphones on Dec. 1 and they went on sale on the 8th for $499.

The Amazon Vine program has given me several B&O audio products in the past couple of years, starting with the H8 wireless headphones in February, 2015. They also offered me the H6 wired headphones and the lightweight Form 2i headphones last August, and an example of the Beoplay S3 wireless speaker.

Also, in March, 2015, they sent me a pair of Parrot ZIK 2.0 headphones to review.

So when I discovered the impending release of the H9 headphones in the early hours of Dec. 1, while sleeplessly surfing the web on my iPhone, I dared to hope the folks at the Vine Program would offer a set to me. And they did. On Christmas morning.

The UPS tracking site says they're on a truck for delivery today.

No comments: