Monday, March 29, 2021

Zapping the floaters in my left eye


I've been bothered for about a year by excessive floaters - bits of debris in the eyeball that interfere with vision. If you see little things that look like amoeba when you stare into a clear blue sky, you know what I mean. I've had them as long as I can remember, even into childhood. I just figured it was normal.

The floaters in my left eye had gotten to the point where they compromised my almost perfect vision that I've enjoyed since getting both lenses replaced in late 2017.

My opthalmologist opined at my last visit that I might want to get them destroyed by laser. Sounded good to me, so I had it done this morning. Turns out it was a quick procedure that was absolutely painless.

The idea is the laser breaks them up into tiny pieces that get reabsorbed into the interior lining of the eyeball.

It's too early to know how well it went - he has me scheduled for an exam in a month - but I remain optimistic.

No comments: