Sunday, January 07, 2018

I can see clearly now!


Last night was the first occasion I've had to evaluate my night driving vision since my cataract removal/lens replacement surgery.

The cataracts had compromised my night vision to the point where it was a struggle to maintain proper lane position on poorly marked two-lane rural highways. It was bad enough that I abdicated my night driving responsibilities a couple of months ago to Maria and became a passenger.

The surgery was transformative. I see amazingly well in the dark and Maria remarked how much more confidently I maneuvered in Indianapolis traffic during a trip down to the Peyton Manning Pavilion of St. Vincent Hospital. We made the trip to deliver a dinner of comfort food to friends whose young son is in the hospital.

BTW, that's not me in the photo.

No comments: