Thursday, November 03, 2016

Fixing stuff


My day started with a run down to our downtown Jonesboro office building to oversee the repair of the asphalt parking lot. We had one monstrous crater that took up a whole parking space. I've been worried about it for a couple of years, but this is the first time we were able to get a paving company to pay attention to us. Thank you Doug Barker and Barker Brothers Paving. They also resurfaced a few small spots and filled a couple of smaller potholes.


I had to leave before they finished in order to be home when the dishwasher repair guy came to complete the heating element changeout that I started Monday and bungled. It turned out that my diagnosis was correct - it was the heating element - and I had a replacement part on hand that I got from Amazon.com for about $23. It would have cost me about $70 from the appliance repair folks.


But the high point of my day came when I unpacked and tried on the Walls Men's Amarillo barn coat that I got from the Amazon Vine Program to review. It was offered in 2XL and I worried that it would be baggy, but they sent me an XL that fits perfectly. It's very well made and has a cool looking red-and-black plaid fleece lining. The exterior fabric is what they call "Heritage cotton duck colth, sanded and stone-washed for a warm, soft feel."

Now, all I need is some cool weather. The 10-day forecast calls for highs in the low to mid 70s.

No comments: