Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday stuff

black dogI rode down to the St. Bernards Health & Wellness Center this morning for a stroll on the treadmill.

I chose the K1200GT. I’m always particular about where I park the GT because it’s loaded with valuable stuff like my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS and its SiriusXM satellite radio receiver, along with my tank bag full of useful touring items.

I picked a space next to an extended cab pickup truck that had a friendly looking old (gray muzzle) black Labrador retriever in the back seat, staring out the window.

He was very friendly and let me pet him, so I doubt if he would do much to stop someone from stealing my stuff, but I liked the idea of him watching over it anyway.

You may recall that I went to the main offices of Centennial Bank on Monday to see about getting a new debit card. I was told that, since Maria’s and my card numbers had been compromised in a hack of The Home Depot’s customer database, new cards were mailed to us on Oct. 15.

As of this morning’s mail, they still have not arrived.

Also, the vexing vibration in the Subaru’s steering is still there.

But I was in no mood to remonstrate with the bank and Gateway Tire today, so I’ll let it rest over the weekend and take these matters up on Monday.

In the meantime, the new season of Grimm starts at 8 o’clock tonight on NBC.

No comments: