Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday stuff

I had thoughts of buying a semi-automatic rifle at the gun show here last weekened, but the need to pony up $250 for a new computer monitor reordered my priorities and I never made it to the show.

Amazon.com says the monitor has shipped and should be on my doorstep before 8 p.m. Wednesday, so I have until then to clean the crap off of my desk and create an orderly space for it.

The furnace repair folks had to make two trips to our rental house in Indiana before they finally got the downstairs furnace repaired and working reliably. I’m having them email me all of the paperwork so I can submit a claim to the home warranty insurance company and hopefully recover my expenses, less the $75 deductible. The service tech said the filters in both furnaces were filthy, the downstairs one completely blocked, despite the tenant’s claim that he replaced the filters in November. Unless I can get him to reliably change the filters every three months, I’ll live in constant worry that he will destroy the furnaces and air conditioning units.

The temperature is in the low 60s with bright sunshine this afternoon – the warmest weather we’ve seen in more than a month. I may actually be able to go for a motorcycle ride tomorrow when it’s supposed to be even warmer.

To paraphrase Col. Kilgore in Apocalypse Now!, “Someday this winter’s gonna end.”

No comments: