Friday, June 07, 2013

OMG! I washed a bike!

clean k75S

Kinda like the KFC commercials where the guy freaks out and thinks he ate the bones. I washed a bike!

I was watching TV this afternoon and felt a sudden uncontrollable urge to wash one of my two bikes.

Now that I think about it, I know how it started.

I was at my chiropractor’s office yesterday afternoon when she introduced me to another patient who is also a BMW rider. We hit it off like long-lost friends and I took him out to the parking lot to admire the ‘94 K75S I had ridden to the appointment.

As we stood there gazing at the bike, I became unusually aware of how dirty it was, not having been washed in the nearly six years we’ve lived in Arkansas. It wasn’t hideous, but it was mildly embarrassing.

So I rolled it out of the garage this afternoon, hosed it off and went after it with car wash solution, sponge, hose and artificial chamois. Being lazy, I didn’t bother with the wheels. Even so, it looks pretty damn good for a 19-year-old motorcycle with only 13,800-some miles on the odometer.

I’m enjoying the results so much I might just wheel the K1200GT out for a wash tomorrow. My Indianapolis BMW Club friends would be shocked.

No comments: